Application Programming Interface (API) software makes it a lot easier to conduct business. It is popular among more and more companies offering order fulfillment services, allowing their business clients to streamline and grow their operations.
At Toofl, API allows the company to continuously view information on what happens at the moment of the order fulfillment. The fulfillment company, owned by L7 LTD, uses the software to communicate with suppliers and internal applications with ease. Essentially, the software is like a messenger delivering a message and then returning with an answer to the individual who made that request.
While Toofl is not the only order fulfillment provider that uses API, some differences set the company apart. Below are some of the differences we found among Toofl, ShipBob, Shipwire and Easyship.
ShipBob, a fulfillment and storage provider for e-commerce merchants, uses two API programs: A “Privileged Access Token (PAT)” and an OAuth 2.0 process. They target different clients.
Users of API Access system:
- Must be single-merchant or custom integrations.
- Must have an account before they can interact with ShipBob’s API. Accounts are free until physical inventory arrives, and the trial period does not expire.
- Must request API credentials for the account holder.
The Sandbox API:
- Used for general-purpose integrations or those listed on the company’s app
- Provide an environment for in-depth testing. The API can simulate inventory on-hands, order processing, WRO processing, and return processing.
Shipwire lists 16 API resources on its website. For example, the Carriers API manages supported carriers. Users can view, add or remove.
Shipwire also has APIs for Order, Purchase Order, Container, Validation, Stock, Business Reports, Rate, Receiving, Return, Product, Vendor, Warehouse, Webhook, Client libraries, Legacy XML API.
Easyship has APIs that make it easy for users to streamline their operations. The software allows users to save money, take control of their fulfillment operations, and expand internationally.
- Shipping API for worldwide shipping options
- Choice of preferred shipping method and cost
- Interacting with Easyship platform from any interface
APIs to pick rates, create shipments, download labels and track deliveries
Toofl provides a series of APIs that work with most third-party interfaces, and can be automated. The company website at Toofl.com highlights the API protocols that help their business customers:
- Allows unrestricted access to order fulfillment information
- Allows users to monitor, update, change or cancel existing orders or create new orders
- Automatically reorders products or place new ones.
- Allows selection of specific orders to get more information
- Monitors inventory and automates ordering, reordering or clearance of inventory
- Provides access and information about products, stock levels, and overall health of inventory
- Allows for placing an order under certain conditions
- Makes managing returned product easier
- Offers comprehensive reports and provides information on what items customers return and the reason
- Creates return labels, automating part of the process.
- Oversees postage, tracking, provides insight on trends, as well as potential product problems.
- Informs supplier/vendor when customers return products
- Provides updates for specific order fulfillment events and certain workflow events
- Helps track packages
- Notifies business clients through text or email on certain events
- Supervise any operation without being physically on-site.